Individuals earning an Income in excess of seven hundred and eighty thousand dollars (G$780,000) annually, or sixty-five thousand dollars (G$65,000) monthly are required to pay Income Tax and file the requisite Return.
Taxpayers are further reminded that their completed Income Tax Return, along with the 7B Slip (emolument slip, issued by your Employer (s)) are correctly/accurately completed.
It should be noted that the Guyana Revenue Authority primarily focuses on the following information provided on Returns, and as such, must be correctly entered by you the taxpayer, in order for your Return to be properly lodged (filed):
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Full Name (the name used when you registered for your TIN)
- Valid Identification or Passport; and NIS Numbers
- Employer’s Name / Place of Employment (e.g. Guyana Revenue Authority)
- The earning period worked (e.g January to December 2018 (if you worked the entire of 2018 or August to October 2018)
- Date of birth
- Signature – please note without your signature your Return is considered incomplete and as such will not be categorised as a “filed” Return.
For further information on filing your Tax Return, refer to the next two menu options available on the left.